It’s great to enjoy summer with your pet. Because the team at Peterborough West Animal Hospital want you to enjoy your travels, we bring you the list of the top 10 things owners forget when traveling with their pets so it doesn’t happen to you!
1. A method of confinement for the pet (in the vehicle and at the destination).
2. Identification (tags and microchips).
3. Proof of rabies vaccination.
4. Contact information for your pets’ regular veterinarian.
5. Finding out what rules apply to their particular travel plans (airline,
health certificates or quarantine).
6. Making reservations or obtaining of accommodations that will accept pets.
7. Planning for pet rests and potty breaks.
8. Bringing the pet’s normal food along or ensuring they can get it where they are going.
9. Taking food & water dishes, familiar toys and extra leashes.
10. Planning for pet care at the destination during times the owners cannot bring their petalong (restaurants, museums, weddings etc.)
Safe Travels and Have Fun!
From your Friends at Peterborough West Animal Hospital
We are “Pawsitively devoted to your Best Friend….”